Monday, June 14, 2010

The Kind Diet/Life


Picked up a this book today at Borders. The rain kept me away from the pool so to the bookstore I went.
My Dad recently went vegan, for his diabetes, and has had amazing results. His blood sugar numbers have all improved, not to mention weight loss, skin improvements, and overall higher levels of energy. My Dad has always been a meat eater and dairy consumer. So when I heard he was going vegan it was hard to believe, but only a few weeks later, huge improvements!
I watched Alicia on Oprah back in January and was interested in her book, so I finally picked it up. After reading about how our meat is treated, slaughtered, and then it's cleanliness by the time we get it, I was disgusted! Seriously! Meat does not sound good!
There are so many benefits to going vegan, and I have seen it work for my Dad.....
So for now, I'm tossing around the idea....and I will be visiting Akin's this week! Wishing Whole Foods was already built, Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I want to know what you think
    of the book! It sounds intresting.

    ReplyDelete