Monday, December 14, 2009

Homemade Christmas Crayons


This year, we are having Christmas on a diet :) We didn't put up a tree (hopeful to be moving) and we are keeping gift giving simple. We have lots of nieces and nephews, so I thought I would make crayons and get cute Christmas coloring books for them. Here is how I made them.
I bought a pack of crayons at Hobby Lobby, cut the paper off of them and placed the pieces into a cookie sheet. It took about 3 crayons to make one Christmas crayon.


Here is my cookie sheet before I put them in the oven. I preheated the oven to 250, and I left the crayons in the heat for 5-7 minutes. If you leave them in longer the wax starts to burn and the color separates itself out.


Once I took the cookie sheet out I let it completly cool, and thus the crayons harden. This takes 20-30 minutes. Then I flipped the crayons out of the molds and aren't they cute??? So much fun, I hope the kiddos love them!

7 comments:

  1. ummmm.
    i love this.
    I am gonna do this as soon as I get home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I've never heard of doing something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'm sure they'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh amanda. look at you go. crafty thing you are. i may have to make some of those for oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Hello! How are you Amanda? Sounds like you and your husband are doing great! Nope, no little nugget for me. :) Not yet anyway.

    So how are you doing? Where are you guys living? You're selling your house, which is beautiful. Why are you moving. Good to see you are a blogger. I love it!

    I'm adding you on my list right now!

    ReplyDelete